Q Technology, LLC d/b/a LandlordFriend.com (hereinafter, the “Company”) is committed to protecting your privacy. Everything we do uses a secure connection. Every interaction with Company and all connections and Internet communications with payment partners use bank-level encryption and secure connections, which includes industry-standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL). The SSL protocol uses an X.509 certificate to authenticate both the client and the back-end application. This statement details the steps we take to protect your personal information when you visit our website or use our application. This statement also covers information we receive when you contact us. It describes the personal information that we collect, the purposes for which we use such information and your choices regarding our use of it. The steps we take to protect your personal information and how you can review and correct personal information are also covered herein. By accessing our sites or providing us with you information when you contact us, you are consenting to the information collection and use practices described in this privacy statement.
For purposes of this statement, “personal information” means information that identifies a particular individual, such as a name, postal address, email address, phone number, or social security number. When other information, such as requests for background checks, product purchases, collection of rent information, amount of rent, bank account information, is associated with personal information, this other information also becomes personal information.
Collection of information
The majority of information collected on the site will be coming directly from you. Due to the nature of the application, a lot of personal information is needed to facilitate successful contractor tenant interactions. Information we collect or receive may include:
- Contact details, such as you name, employer name, employment position/title, e-mail address, telephone, fax number, physical address.
- Copies of pay stubs
- Copy of photo identification
- Financial information, including, credit card or bank account information.
- Information used to customize and facilitate your use of our sites, including login and technical information
- Inquiries to contractors/tenants
- Information to complete a background check, including social security number, gender, etc.
Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy.
Automatic collection of information
We may collect information about your visit to our site, including what geographic area you are searching in, the links you click, and the materials you access. We may also collect certain standard information that your browser sends to every website you visit, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type and capabilities and language, your operating system, the date and time you access the site and the website from which you linked to one of our sites.
Use of information
If you submit personal information for publication on our website or through the online application, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant us. Your privacy settings can be used to limit the publication of your information on our website, and can be adjusted using privacy controls on the website. We will not, without your consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
- Services and Transactions – We use your information to deliver services or carry out transactions you have requested, including, but not limited to, providing information to approved contractors/tenants, processing background checks, processing payments for background checks, answering contractor/tenant inquiries, facilitating use of our sites, developing and managing our product, services, and customer care.
- Website and Product Improvement – We may use your personal information to perform business analyses or for other purposes to improve the quality of our business, our applications, our website, and our services, or to make our websites and applications easier to use. We may also use your information to deal with inquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website and/or application.
- Disclosure to service providers – Company contracts with Experian to process our personal background checks. With your authorization, your personal information is shared with Experian to complete the background check.
- Disclosure for other reasons – We will never provide your information to third parties for any purpose other than to provide you with service or as required by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with legal requirements or with legal process served on us, to protect and defend our rights or property or, in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of any individual.
Storage of your data and personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. All of your information is kept under your control, and is kept private unless you explicitly authorize the sharing of that information. All of your banking data is stored securely in separated systems, and is only stored for enough time to use that data to set up accounts at our payments and identity verification partners. All electronic financial transactions entered into through our website and/or application will be protected by encryption technology. All sensitive data is security cleaned from our systems as soon as it is no longer needed. All user IDs and passwords are stored using advanced encryption techniques. You acknowledge that the transmission of informator over the internet is inherently insecure, and we will do our best to keep your personal information safe, but we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the Internet.
Additionally, all data is stored on Amazon Web Services (“AWS”). User credit reports are deployed to secured AWS VPC (AWS Virtual Private Cloud), which provides extra layer of security and data protection. AWS provides first several security capabilities and services to increase privacy and control network access. These include: network firewalls built into Amazon VPC, and web application firewall capabilities in AWS WAF that permit us to create private networks, and control access to your instances and applications.
Links to other sites
Our sites and application may contain links to other websites or programs, including, but not limited to: Quickbotoks, Facebook, Trullia.com, Craigslist, or Zillow.com. The purpose of linking to other sites is to maximize the services Company can provide to its users. Although we try to link only to websites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, we are not responsible for the content, security, or privacy practices employed by other websites.
Enforcement of this privacy statement
If you have questions regarding this statement or our handling of your personal information, please contact us using the contact information listed below. We will promptly address your concern and strive to reach a satisfactory resolution.
|Mailing:||Q Technology, LLC
152 E. Putnam Ave #51,
Cos Cob, Connecticut 06807
Attn: Customer Support
Changes to this privacy statement
Company may occasionally update this privacy statement. When we do, we will revise the “last updated” date on the privacy statement. You should check this policy from time to time to ensure you are happy with any changes. If we make any material changes in the way we collect, use, and/or share personal information that we collect about you, we will notify you by sending you an email at the last email address that you provided to us and/or by prominently posting notice of the changes on the sites and application.